The Macedonian Tendency: Robert Goulet, Actor, Dies at 73 - New York Times

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Robert Goulet, Actor, Dies at 73 - New York Times

By David Edenden,

Robert Goulet's wife and manager of 25 years , Vera Chochorovska, was born in Macedonia. Our condolences.
Robert Goulet, Actor, Dies at 73 - New York Times:

"In September, Mr. Goulet received a diagnosis of interstitial pulmonary fibrosis, a rapidly progressive, potentially fatal condition, his wife, Vera, said in a statement released on Oct. 25 on Mr. Goulet’s website. On Oct. 13, he was transferred from a hospital in Las Vegas, where he lived, to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles to await the transplant."

New York Times (1993)

The story Mrs. Goulet tells of her own life is also sad. She says she was born in Macedonia, where her father escaped the Communists. "He was supposed to send for my mother and me but his letters were confiscated," she says. "He went to Greece, then South America, then we lost contact."

She says she was imprisoned twice as a child for trying to escape with her mother. "We finally did, to Italy, and spent a year and half in refugee camps there before we were sent to England. I was 12 then. My mother washed dishes in a hotel and eventually she remarried, more to give me a future and a home than for love. But," she adds, "it didn't work out. I started taking care of my mother. I did public relations work and ran an antiques store, before I moved to L.A. in 1980. Where I am today is a fairy tale compared to what those people in Yugoslavia are going through now."

No comments:

Post a Comment