The Macedonian Tendency: On Serbs and Serbia

Monday, December 31, 2007

On Serbs and Serbia

By David Edenden

I have a complicated relationship with the Serbs and Serbia. Serbs and Bulgarians are "first cousins" to Macedonians, but it turns out we are a dysfunctional family.

I oppose the the independence of Kosovo which is basically a partition of Serbia because it will lead to instability in the Balkans. However, I condemn Serbian nationalists as the basic cause of the collapse of Yugoslavia. Serbian nationalists continue to this day to reject Macedonian ethnicity and the legality of the Macedonian Orthodox Church.

Anyway, here are some of my posts, lest anyone think that I am a "Serboman" because of my anti-independence for Kosovo stance.


The Serbs in the Balkans (The Scorpion and the Turtle) Part 1

The Serbs in the Balkans (The Scorpion and the Turtle) Part 2

Serbs of Macedonia Caught in the Middle

US Hot on Kosovo Independence


Kosovo Independence Would Set Europe on Fire - Serbia-Montenegro Minister

More Bad Press on Jovan


Can't we Orthodox Slavs "just get along"

No comments:

Post a Comment