The Macedonian Tendency: Seymour Hersh Agrees With Me on Iran!

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Seymour Hersh Agrees With Me on Iran!

Below is a Seymour Hersh article, in the New Yorker, reporting that the US is using Iranian minority groups to undermine the authority of the government of Iran. In August 2006, I predicted this would happen in an online letter to Salon commenting on a Joe Conason article To Iran with Love. See my letter: American Neocon Dreams and the New Middle East, August 25, 2006.

I wrote a similar letter in response to a Juan Cole article, also in Salon, called Partitioning Iraq. See my letter: Neocons Dream On, Oct. 30, 2006.

And finally I posted the same article to my website with a link to a Washington Post opinion by Joe Biden, The Minimum Necessary. See my post: The Balkans and Iraq, Nov. 20, 2006.

When I have time, I will write about how I accurately predicted the fall of the Berlin Wall to a friend during a skiing weekend just before Gorbachev was scheduled to address the East German Communist Party Congress in 1989. Her parents were originally from Dresden and they were going to visit West Germany in the next week. I suggested that they should postpone the trip to Christmas, at which time, they could visit Dresden since the Berlin Wall would have been torn down by then.

I swear, CSI should really do a story about my telepathic abilities!


THE NEXT ACT New Yorker, Issue of 2006-11-27

Another critical issue for Gates will be the Pentagon’s expanding effort to conduct clandestine and covert intelligence missions overseas. Such activity has traditionally been the C.I.A.’s responsibility, but, as the result of a systematic push by Rumsfeld, military covert actions have been substantially increased.

In the past six months, Israel and the United States have also been working together in support of a Kurdish resistance group known as the Party for Free Life in Kurdistan. The group has been conducting clandestine cross-border forays into Iran, I was told by a government consultant with close ties to the Pentagon civilian leadership, as “part of an effort to explore alternative means of applying pressure on Iran.” (The Pentagon has established covert relationships with Kurdish, Azeri, and Baluchi tribesmen, and has encouraged their efforts to undermine the regime’s authority in northern and southeastern Iran.)

The government consultant said that Israel is giving the Kurdish group “equipment and training.” The group has also been given “a list of targets inside Iran of interest to the U.S.” (An Israeli government spokesman denied that Israel was involved.)

No comments:

Post a Comment